Friday 16 November 2012

DECISION MAKING: Stick to what you believe in and chase them.




This lesson has been one of the hardest things for me to learn and every time I feel I have mastered it, it comes back to bite me. As human beings, we like our comfort, and we like life to be easy, so we will always take the fastest and easiest route to what we want. This is how we come to most of our decisions in life…fast and easy. If it takes too long and it’s going to take some work, we won’t be on that road, at least I won’t be.
Nothing comes easy ladies and gentlemen, that’s why 70% of businesses fail at their first attempt so as in marriages too. Does this mean you don’t get married? Does this mean you don’t chase your dream of building a business and become financially free? Absolutely not!
I don’t care who you are or where you come from, or what kind of situation you are in, never let your current conditions dictate your future.
Dani Johnson was raised in an abusive home, where her parents lived on welfare and drugs. She had a step dad who constantly told her she was fat, ugly, stupid, and could never do anything right. She was pregnant at age seventeen. Her family and church condemned her. By age twenty one she was homeless, had $2.03 to her name, desperate, scared, and confused, she had nowhere to go and no one to turn too.  Today she is a multimillionaire, running a couple of successful businesses, and speaks all around the world to organizations and companies.
Dewey Bozella was awarded “The Arthur Ashe Award for Courage”, by ESPN for 2011, and is an inspiration to kids that are growing up in very difficult circumstances in the inner city today, and showing them that life is very valuable, and it’s not something that you just throw away because times get tough.

Fear is one that I have always struggled with during my life. I was raised in a good home though. I never felt like I could do anything right. I was always told that I was dull and inconsistent, might not be able to finish what I have started. But my first hubby is writing, I couldn’t have done it anywhere else if not here, I was afraid it might not be accepted. I would ask myself often, “what if you fail? What if it doesn’t work? What will everyone think about you?” Fear dominated all my thoughts and actions. But one thing that I have learned in my own life and other successful people’s life is, “never let fear determine who you are, and never let where you come from determine where you’re going.”
Do you play to lose? Do you let a fall or a trip up, keep you from getting back up and walking again? No, when you fall you get back up and start walking again. Are you where you want to be financially? Do you want to get back in shape and on the road to a healthy vibrant life again? Are you always just making excuses, or have you become teachable? Sometimes the worst decision we can ever make in life, is to just stay where we are, and make no decision at all.
Think about your life now!! Do not make sudden decision based on your circumstance. Follow your dreams, chase your goal, be an achiever because that’s what God made you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment