Friday 15 February 2013

Mary J.Blige Talks Rihanna and Chris Brown on Vibe Mag

Rihanna and Chris Brown’s relationship ain’t nobody’s business and Mary J. is definitely not here to judge.
She’s covering Vibe Magazine’s February/March issue, which also celebrates their 20th Anniversary, and inside she praises Rihanna for not only making good music but living her life and being happy no matter what others may think. In her cover story, Mary also candidly dishes on the times that she feels the most beautiful, the evolution of her style  and if there have been moments when she’s felt like she’s wavered off course.
Catch a few highlights below:

On the Current State of R&B
“I am so proud of what Rihanna is doing. She is speaking to her generation, and she’s living her life in front of them. I don’t even think she is purposely doing it. She’s such a beautiful girl, and I don’t think she knows she’s that beautiful. She’s just living her life, and leading her generation, and she has great, great songs.”
On People Giving Rihanna a Hard Time Because of Chris Brown
“They give her a hard time because she’s living her life. As long as she’s having fun and isn’t three minutes from shooting herself, good! I want her to be happy. That’s impressive to me. And I love her songs.”
On There Being Moments Where She’s Been Off Course
“There are always moments like that. If you’re not confident in yourself, you’re going to waver. I’ve wavered and I’ve lost. It’s all in the history books. When you’ve had a high of success and then you find yourself chasing, you lose. If you don’t have the patience with yourself to do right by you, you lose. That’s a constant battle.”
On When She Feels Most Beautiful
“When I’m made up and dressed and my heart is good and I feel happy. I’m not going to lie and say I feel beautiful when I have on a hair scarf and I’m running to the gym. I feel confident, but beautiful? That’s on the red carpet.”
On When Her Husband Thinks She’s Most Beautiful
“When I’m running to the gym [laughs]. Less is more, I guess. He always tells me, ‘You don’t need all that stuff.’”
On Her Style Being Softer Now
“I’ve evolved, I’m a woman now, and I’ve softened. I’ve been a tomboy my whole life. But then you get older, you get married, you soften up.”


No comments:

Post a Comment