Saturday 2 June 2012

The predicament of a 10 year od girl.

 



 Sexual abuse is something that I find to be so demonic, I dislike it with all the veins in me when I get the stories in the air of sexual abuse or even any abuse or harassment whatsoever. it is worrisome and should be taken seriously, but again I sat to think what could be the cause. Especially when I came across the story of a 10 year old girl on another blog who can’t stay without sex daily from men. According to her story it all started at the age of 7 by an old man living in their compound where she stays with her aunt after the death of her father.
Obviously, the aunt is not aware of all these for so long. The man, who does this apparently, is sick because I would ask for the joy or satisfaction he derives from his act. The child could not have spoken for some reasons. Are there not people around who have noticed the man or the girl or both, perhaps some might have, but what is there business? After all is not their child or whatever. My next question is how much of the girls life has been destroyed and can be replaced?
For parents and guardians isn’t it obvious that the girl was not looked out for properly, sorry if I should lay blames on the aunt. What was her duty on the girl’s care if she was sent to her in Lagos? According to the story culled from a blog I read, the girl once was living in Enugu state before been sent to Lagos under the care of her aunt. I assume that she wouldn’t look after the girl properly after all is not her child. Whatever the case maybe, it is necessary that one monitors the child he or she is living with daily to observe differences that may occur and know how to start tracing the negative difference at an early stage. I assume if this was done it could have been notice at the first time of her sexual abuse.
Speaking of the man is obvious he is sick of pedophile. These are people who are sexually excited by children. However, with this instance I will not blame the aunt. My reason for this is that she wouldn’t have notice that this man was abusing her niece, of course such people are so innocent, calm, and pure. Infact I might say it is very difficult to identify them instead I would say it is important to identified sign that might show if there is any abuse going on. There is a possibility that this man has suffered from an abuse and wants to use the girl has a relive or to feel in control or power. I don’t think the man could have stopped if this was not reported, I rather think that he would stop if the child starts developing secondary characteristics of adulthood. This saddens my heart.
The child could not have spoken for some reasons, one could be that the relationship between a mother and child does not exist between she and her aunt or she is ignorant and thought it was normal. But what amazes me is the fact that no one noticed this until the age of 10. Because according to researchers there are number of symptoms a child demonstrates if being abused. Is it that the girl did not demonstrate them? This is so absurd or she did but was not taken care off again, the blame is going to her aunt. Some of the symptoms could be unusually sad, less communicative than usual, changed eating, nightmares, fear of persons or place they didn’t have before. With these symptoms when noticed its right to ask the girl questions in a loving manner, has anyone touched you before? This will remind the girl that you love her and support her then she will open up.
I just imagined the life of this poor girl being ruined by a useless man and the carelessness of the guardian to the extent of wanting for more, in any case there is still hope for the future, a better one for the girl. Rehabilitation will help the girl, I would say reassuring the girl that she is not to be blamed and seek for medical assistance will help too. The other thing is to find that man slap the law to  his face.
Do not be ashamed to voice out these complaints when it comes, such offenders does that because they feel that people can’t complain and that nobody would listen to them. but speak first and you will be heard.
SAY NO TO CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE.



No comments:

Post a Comment