Friday 29 June 2012

CAN WOMEN HAVE IT ALL?



A few women are blessed with the intelligence, the education, the connections and good fortune to have a wide range of opportunity to live “self-actualized” lives whiles others are not. Life is a series of choices you make between options in order to move forward in the pursuit of your "dreams" but your dreams don't trump anyone else's and the sooner everyone realizes that, the closer we all be to understanding what "having it all" actually means and the easier it will be to achieve that. One person can't achieve the highest peaks without either stepping on someone else or getting a boost. But my question now is “do women really have it all?”


 I got this from Washington post.... “Anne-Marie Slaughter, the first woman to be director of policy planning at the State Department and the mother of two teenage boys, dared to say that many modern-day women trying to balance a demanding career and raise a family can’t do it all – at least not well”. “When people asked why I had left government, I explained that I’d come home not only because of Princeton’s rules (after two years of leave, you lose your tenure), but also because of my desire to be with my family and my conclusion that juggling high-level government work with the needs of two teenage boys was not possible,” Slaughter wrote.
I hope to have a successful professional ladder and am sure all of us ‘singles’ wants too so is it really possible is my question?

No comments:

Post a Comment