Tuesday 14 February 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE EVERY ONE




Today has its valentine in the air with people showing some love everywhere. My day has been so busy though but i did enjoyed it in a little way with my boyfriend. How? I went out with him to the organization where i hope to use as my case study for my long essay on the way i seized the opportunity to spend time with him chatting and hopping from one place to another, one bus station to another and holding hands together...*blushing*. Before the valentine my boyfriend did ask me “how are you going to celebrate the Vals day? And i replied...”Everyday is my Val as long as i get to spend some time with you and love you” uhmmmm not just him any way but with the people i love. Like who I am, I love people around me..teasing me and making me laugh in other words good sense of humour is what i look out for in any friendship..lol.
HERE is my surprise....WOW!!!





i was short of words...this is a big surprise to me, cos he was with me all through the day and didn't even act like he noticed today...okay!! i was thinking he is not a fan of val's day. is not a bad thing though. Every February 14, across the whole world, candy, flowers and gift are exchanged between loved ones all in the name of St.valentine.

The history of Valentine's Day and the story of its patron saint is shrouded in mystery. We do know that February has long been celebrated as a month of romance, and that St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman tradition. But who was Saint Valentine, and how did he become associated with this ancient rite? 


The Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred. One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.
 Thats how as i have read that valentine came to be. Now back to my story, we parted after we are done with the agenda for today. what am i even saying.. the long and short of the story was..me being in the class room doing my research and a female friend of ours ringed me and said please come to the room i have something to say to you. i was a little shock and scared of what she wanted to say to me cos i have never been in such friendliness with her..lol i met her when i stared dating my boyfriend. but look she got me a hamper....look up that it on my bed. am SO much haPPy. HAPPY Val's DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment